Andrew Lincoln Confirms When The First Rick Grimes Spin-Off Movie Is To Start Filming

Andrew Lincoln Confirms When The First Rick Grimes Spin-Off Movie Is To Start Filming

Andrew Lincoln Confirms When The First Rick Grimes Spin-Off Movie Is To Start Filming

Andrew Lincoln has confirmed when the first Rick Grimes spin-off movie is expected to star filming.

Andrew departed from the series more than two years ago now, but there have been few updates since then related to the anticipated movie trilogy. Just last autumn, Scott Gimple said that the script for the first film was still being worked on.

The good news is, things appear to be progressing as Andrew has now revealed in an interview that production is planned to kick off within the next few months.

“With good intentions and if everything works and I can leave my country I plan to be back in America filming in spring/summer,” he told Extra.

Related Articles:  'The Walking Dead' Movie Worth The Wait

Andrew is currently promoting his new movie Penguin Bloom, also starring Naomi Watts. In a separate interview, he explained why he has been turning down action and horror roles.

“What you have to do is, you have to change people’s perceptions of what you’re able to do as an actor,” he shared. “And so a lot of the scripts I was receiving were great scripts but they were action and they were horror.

“I was waiting for the right story to chime, and then [Penguin Bloom] came along and I instantly loved it. I knew I wanted to be a part of this beautiful story of the Bloom family.”

Related Articles:  'The Walking Dead' Movie Worth The Wait

The Walking Dead returns to AMC on February 28 in the US and FOX on March 1 in the UK. UK viewers can also catch up on the show via NOW TV.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.