The 58-year-old wants any prospective girlfriend to like Money Heist, quit their career and have “on point” geography.
Wayne Lineker has raised eyebrows yet again after embarking on a bizarre quest for love.
“My family have decided I need a girlfriend for my own sanity and health,” he wrote in an Instagram post on Tuesday night.
It comes just weeks after a controversial video emerged of him selecting a “dream doll” to take out on a date by pushing women into a pool.
The catalogue begins innocuously enough with “strong nice loving personality”, before moving on to “more important things”, including a stipulation that the woman must like to fly business class, be prepared to give up her career or job and be able to cook Waitrose ready meals.
Announcing his plans to find a “wifey”, the Ibiza club owner set out a detailed list of “criteria”.
The 58-year-old, who is also the younger brother of Match of the Day host Gary Lineker, revealed that his family are pressuring him into finding a partner.
He also says that any prospective girlfriend must like Money Heist on Netflix, have “on point” geography and must not have shared a teeth whitening post.
The list is as follows:
- You must like older men but only me.
- You have to be a worldie and (aged) above 30 (OK 28 29 could work) but not my age as that would just look weird.
- You must like to travel and to fly business class and stay in incredible hotels.
- Be prepared to give up your career or job or at least be able to work from a laptop on a tropical beach somewhere.
- You will need to spend the summer in Ibiza and the winter in Dubai, with two weeks in the UK for Christmas and New Year with the families, and holidays to the Maldives… No baggage as mine are all grown up.
- A dog is acceptable but will need a passport.
- You must be able to cook as I love cooking, especially Waitrose ready made meals.
- You also don’t need to be verified I can sort that for you…
- House music and R&B lovers only. No heavy rock or pop music.
- You must like Netflix especially ‘Money Heist’ and also ‘Real Crime. No chick flicks – watch them with your mates.
- You need to be confident enough to be able to go to the front of the queue in nightclubs and accept a table and free drinks from the owners.
- You will need a driving license [sic] to share a Bentley and a Lamborghini Jeep (pending)
- You must never have shared a teeth whitening post!!
- I’m not on any dating sites, you shouldn’t be too.
- I’m not on ‘Only fans’ so you shouldn’t be too.
- You must love the gym, health food and have body definition – as I will have soon.
- Accept and love my children and grandchildren and realise no more kids for me… (never say never though)
- You must be able to let my PA book all yours and our flights and purchase items online for you. You just need to send a link to him.
- You must be able to accept my friends as I will accept yours.
- Accept I have to reply to girls DMs not just guys.
- One last thing: Your geography needs to be on point as girls that think Lincoln is in Wales is not good.
- Be intelligent but not boring. Outgoing suits #wifeywhereyouat #banter #real.
The list has been met with bewilderment on social media, with one Twitter user writing: “Has Wayne Lineker been hacked or is he just being himself? Hard to say.”
Another commented: “The sad thing is he will be inundated with girls offering themselves.
“This is why I am trying to parent my teenage girl to have high self esteem and be a strong, confident and independent woman. Same for my son too.”
And another tweeted: “Good luck girls.”