14 Year Old GIRL dies After Phone Exploded While Charging

14 Year Old GIRL dies After Phone Exploded While Charging

A schoolgirl from Kazakhstan died in tragic circumstances after her mobile phone exploded while she slept. Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, was asleep in her house in the village of Bastobe when the battery in her phone caught fire while it was charging, the Daily Mail reported.

The girl was reportedly listening to music in bed before falling alseep. The next morning she was found dead. Her device had been plugged into a power socket, police said. She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries and died immediately.

Forensic experts confirmed that the cellphone exploded in the early morning after overheating as it charged, according to local reports.
Her death was described as a “tragic accident”.
The brand of smartphone was not disclosed.

Related Articles:  Will Smith's new memoir, ‘Will’ (Details)

Alua’s distraught best friend Ayazhan Dolasheva, 15, posted: “I still cannot believe it.”
She wrote: “You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever.”

A man in Malaysia died more than a year ago when one of the two phones he was charging overnight exploded.

The Galaxy Note 7 was the world’s first and only smartphone deemed to be a fire hazard because of poor battery design and quality control. Samsung took immediate steps to recall and redesign the battery as reports of Note 7 fires kept piling up, before canceling the phone altogether. In the year that followed, Samsung announced a new battery safety program that would ensure what happened with the Note 7 wouldn’t occur again. Note 7 explosions, however, never caused any fatalities.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.