Common drops off his new album titled Let Love. Available for download and streaming, the rapper delivers an 11 songs music project and is his first since 2016’s Black America Again album. To get fans tuned in, Common released a song and video titled “Show Me That You Love.” The rapper also shared his inspiration for the song.
“When I became a parent, I thought that I would be the one teaching my daughter. Boy was I wrong! My daughter has become one of my favorite teachers along with LIFE.”
The abum has features such as Jill Scott, BJ Tha Chicago Kid, Samora Pinderhughes, Daniel Ceasar and more. Let Love, which is based around his memoir Let Love Have the Last Word, is led by the single,”HER Love,” which is a continuation of the “I Used to Love H.E.R.” series.
About the album, he shared, “This album is inspired by the book, “Let Love Have The Last Word” which gave me a path to write about things I had never written about before. It forced me to go deeper and because I opened up about so many things in the book, I was charged to go to raw, personal and spiritual places in the music. Production-wise, I knew that the music had to have depth, soul and dimension to it. I wanted the musicianship and the spirit of what live music brings, but it also had to have something raw and basement about it.
01. Good Morning Love (feat. Samora Pinderhughes) (05:31)
02. HER Love (feat. Daniel Caesar) (04:29)
03. Dwele’s Interlude (01:09)
04. Hercules (feat. Swizz Beatz) (02:54)
05. Fifth Story (feat. Leikeli47) (05:18)
06. Forever Your Love (feat. BJ the Chicago Kid) (03:39)
07. Leaders (Crib Love) [feat. A-Trak] (03:41)
08. Memories of Home (feat. BJ the Chicago Kid & Samora Pinderhughes) (04:08)
09. Show Me That You Love (feat. Jill Scott & Samora Pinderhughes) (07:30)
10. My Fancy Free Future Love (04:21)
11. God Is Love (feat. Leon Bridges & Jonathan McReynolds) (03:57)
Listen and download below.