Floyd Mayweather refutes claims that he will fight Kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa.
Floyd Mayweather has announced he is not fighting Japanese kickboxer, Tenshin Nasukawa. Mayweather explained his readons for backing out of their fight in a post on Instagram, where he claims he never even agreed to the fight in the first place.
Mayweather’s IG statement directly contradicts what he said in Japan earlier in the week during his promotional tour. He claimed they were negotiating the weight class and figuring out the particulars of the fight. There was already a date for the fight: December 31, and a location, Tenshin’s home base in Tokyo, Japan. Now Mayweather’s saying everything is different than what was previously announced. Here’s the rest of his mea culpa on IG:
“Now that I am back on U.S. soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regards to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced,” Floyd said. “First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa.”
Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the ‘Rizen Fighting Federation.’ What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of “One Entertainment” was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee.”
“This exhibition was previously arranged as a ‘Special Bout’ purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide.”
“Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately.”
“I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval.”
“For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry.”
“I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.”
Floyd has backed out of a showdown following his win against McGregor and ensuing re-retirement. He was “deadly serious” about a rematch with Manny Pacquaio before he wasn’t. Regardless of who he agrees to fight next in order to stay relevant and pay off his back taxes, you’re a fool if you want to see this joker fight again.
See Instagram post announcing Floyd’s non involvement below.